UNIVESRITY OF WYOMING, COLLEGE OF LAW
J.D., May 2013
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT SANTA BARBARA
Bachelor of Arts, June 2005
MURDOCK LAW FIRM, P.C. Casper, Wyoming
August 2013 – Present
- Serve as counsel in major class actions lawsuits to recover amounts due to oil and gas royalty owners for unpaid principal and penalty interest owed pursuant to the Wyoming Royalty Payment Act.
- Research and draft memoranda and pleadings for oil and gas litigation including multiform litigation in North Dakota regarding the right to royalties on gas flared at the wellhead.
- Serve as counsel for midsize upstream oil company over the course of three years including preparation of M&A documents, minutes for meetings of the board of directors, preparation of right-of-ways, and preparation for litigation with large producer regarding the management of a co-funded oil and gas unit.
- Preparing both immigrant and non-immigrant immigration petition work including fiancée and spouse visas and temporary worker permits.
- Counsel to executors and special administrators of various Wyoming estates ranging from $30,000 to $600,000 in size.
- Prepare oil and gas mineral royalty and overriding royalty conveyances for the largest single royalty and overriding royalty owner in Wyoming.
- Compute damages in complex oil and gas royalty class action settlements using Microsoft Access and Excel.
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, COLLEGE OF LAW Laramie, Wyoming Summer 2012
- Assisted Criminal Law Professor, Stewart Young in research and editing U.S. border law cases for prospective casebook.
LICENSURES & AFFILIATIONS:
- Admitted to the State Bar of Wyoming
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Bar Association