Attorney J. Nicholas “Nick” Murdock graduated in 1969 from Creighton University with his Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and continued his general studies at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts from 1971-1973. Nick earned his Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of Wyoming College of Law in Laramie, Wyoming in 1977 and was admitted to the Wyoming State Bar the same year. While a student at the University of Wyoming College of Law, Nick served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Land and Water Law Review.
- Wyoming State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- United States Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Natrona County Bar Association
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association American Trial Lawyers Association
Awards and Honors:
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers® in America for 15 consecutive years in 2012.
- Award for Distinguished Service – Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming (1983)
- Super Lawyers®
- Wyoming Bar Foundation – Pro Bono Award
- Ad Hoc Professionalism, Chair, 2005
- Continuing Legal Education, 1985-1986 and 2007-present
- Civil Jury Instructions, 1976-1977
- University of Wyoming College of Law, Adjunct Professor, Trial Practice 2011
- University of Wyoming, Adjunct Professor, Political Science Department- Politics and the Judicial Process 2009-2010, Constitutional Rights and Liberties 1994-2000
- Seminars for the Wyoming State Bar regarding class action litigation, complex tort litigation, toxic torts, Wyoming oil and gas matters, insurance bad faith and insurance coverage under commercial properties.
Civic & Charitable Organizations:
- University of Wyoming Art Museum – National Advisory Board (2005-2010, 2012 to present)
- Pink Purse Society in support of the University of Wyoming Art Museum- Founder and President (2007-current)
- Nicolaysen Art Museum – Board of Directors (1994-1996)
- Wyoming March of Dimes – Board of Directors (1989-1990)
- Wyoming Association for Developmental Services (1979-1980)
- Natrona County School District No. 1, Board of Trustees (1986-1988, 1997-2004), Chairman (2001)
- Central Wyoming Board of Cooperative Educational Services (2002-2004)
- Co-Author with Dr. Margaret Murdock: “Corporate Expression in Wyoming Ballot Issues, Referenda and Initiative: Political and Legal Dilemmas,” Land and Water Law Review, Vol. XIV, No. 2, (1978).
- Author: “A Postscript to the Mutual Prescription Doctrine,” Land and Water Law Review, Vol. XI, No. 1 (1976).
Out of all Nick’s accomplishments, the one he is most proud of is his loving family. Nick married Dr. Margaret “Maggi” Murdock in 1969 and together they have two beautiful daughters, Dr. Amanda Murdock Diehl and Aubrey Murdock. Nick and Maggi are also the proud grandparents of Alexa, Zachary and Kendall Diehl. Nick enjoys traveling, walking his Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, Mariah, and Celtic music.
Email: Nick Murdock can be reached by contacting our staff at email@example.com